Are your digital marketing efforts working the way they should be? You may be measuring your social, SEO and content impact regularly, but to ensure that the work you’re doing is moving the needle, it might be necessary to conduct an SEO audit.
This will be part of a three-part blog series to help you power your next audit. Next up: Social Media Audits and Content Audits.
SEO Audits Tools
Screaming Frog – Screaming Frog has multiple features via its SEO Spider Tool that are perfect for audits. The free version allows you to audit up to 500 URLs. This crawling tool specializes in:
- Finding broken links (404s) and server errors
- Analyzing page titles and meta data
- Auditing redirects
- Discovering duplicate content
- Reviewing robots and directives
Raven Tools – Raven Tools is a favorite of mine – and many SEOs who work for small to mid-sized agencies – because of its large range of tools under one roof. Its Site Auditor offers the following features (at the $99 Pro price point):
- Ability to crawl 10,000 pages per site with a monthly page crawl limit of 300,000
- Backlink research reports
- SEO competitor research reports
- Content audits
- Stored links, monitored links and customization
SEMRush – I really love using SEMRush’s SEO Ideas tool during my site audit. It helps me determine what types of backlinks work best for individual pages and provides recommendations for improving keyword ranking. SEMRush starts at $69.96 per month. SEMRush also allows you to:
- Prioritize SEO issues to determine what to tackle first
- Track the SEO optimization progress
- Optimize internal and external links
- Detect and erase error pages
Ahrefs – I love using this for backlink analysis. It’s able to crawl more sites than Moz, which is why I tend to favor Ahrefs. It also gives me an understanding of my top shared pages via backlinks and social shares. Plans start at $99 per month and features include:
- Site Explorer backlink checker tool
- Position Tracker to view daily ranking data
- Crawl Report to identify and fix common SEO issues
- Ahrefs alert to ensure you never miss a backlink or mention
Google Analytics – If you’re not using Google Analytics yet, you should start today! It’s free and offers valuable information about your site including realtime stats like bounce rate, pages viewed per session, information about top landing pages and more.
Google Trends – Google Trends is a creative way to measure the influence of your brand. I’ll enter a brand name and brand search terms in Google Trends and schedule weekly alerts to see the search trends.
If you found this information helpful, be sure to check out our post “3 Predictions on Google Conversational Search.” Organik SEO is passionate about helping businesses grow by tapping into the power of social media and SEO. To discuss how we can help you grow your business, contact us today!