Now Hiring: Junior Web Developer (WordPress)
This position will start as a contractor or hourly based position, with the intention to transition to full-time (assuming the trial period goes well, and we are the right fit for each other). Compensation is commensurate with experience, and the best fit will likely be someone with 1-2 years of agency, in-house or other relevant experience.
Please note: This position is only for candidates who can work in North County (i.e. the Encinitas and Carlsbad areas). Inquiries from those who are not local will not be replied to. Direct applicants only, no recruiters, please.
Organik SEO is a digital marketing agency comprised of driven professionals specializing in SEO, social media, and web development. We are passionate about working with companies that we love, and we offer a fun and creative work environment where “work hard, play hard” takes on a new meaning. We offer company-sponsored health/dental/vision insurance, a dog-friendly office, and a myriad of other perks to keep our team happy and healthy.
Who We Are Looking to Hire?
We are looking for a talented junior web developer with solid WordPress experience.
On Any Given Day, You Will Be:
Helping develop responsive websites from the ground up, performing regular maintenance, and improving upon our clients’ existing websites from a UX and CRO perspective. This is a pivotal role in our growing web development department and you will be on the ground floor as we continue to grow our web design and development efforts.
- Solid WordPress skills are a must (WP_Query, template hierarchy, custom post types, etc.) as you will be working in WordPress daily
- Experience with mobile development: Everything you make is responsive and mobile-friendly (it’s more than just an afterthought)
- The ability to hand-code templates based off a design file and a general proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch
- The desire to learn new programming techniques on a daily basis
You will also need to:
- Provide reliable time estimates for programming tasks/deliverables
- Stay organized and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Give and receive constructive criticism around design and code
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to quickly fix website bugs, hosting/server issues, etc.
- Work on existing WordPress themes, improving load times, and optimizing for conversions
We would love it if you had:
- Familiarity with Git/version control
- Familiarity with Grunt and/or gulp
- Familiarity with npm, webpack and/or Bower
- Familiarity with Advanced Custom Fields Pro
- Familiarity with WP Engine and Google Apps
- Familiarity with GoTo Meeting
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Search Console Tools
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite or Sketch
- Experience with other content-management systems (i.e. Magento, Shopify, etc)
- General knowledge of modern SEO & social media marketing
How to get this job:
To apply, please fill out the form below.