Now Hiring: Front-End Developer (WordPress)
We are looking for a talented front-end developer with extensive WordPress experience.
On any given day, you will be: Developing responsive websites from the ground up (and helping out with design if you’re into that stuff), performing regular maintenance, improving upon our clients’ existing websites from a UX and CRO perspective, assisting the SEO department and helping to grow and streamline the web development department.
This is a pivotal role in our growing web development department and you will be on the ground floor as we grow our efforts.
Organik SEO is a small digital marketing agency in Solana Beach, CA comprised of driven professionals specializing in SEO, social media, and web development. We are passionate about working with companies that we love, and we offer a fun and creative work environment where “work hard, play hard” takes on a new meaning. We offer company-sponsored health/dental/vision insurance, a dog-friendly office, and a myriad of other perks to keep our team happy and healthy.
Please note: This position is only for candidates who can work in our Solana Beach, CA office. Inquiries from those who are not local will not be replied to. Direct applicants only, no recruiters, please.
- Advanced-level HTML and CSS skills
- Solid WordPress skills are a must (WP_Query, template hierarchy, custom post types, etc.) as you will be working in WordPress daily. You’ve maybe even read the WordPress Codex.
- Experience with mobile development: Everything you make is responsive and mobile-friendly (it’s more than just an afterthought)
- The ability to hand-code templates based off a static comp, or just a few rough pencil sketches
You will also need to be able to:
- Provide reliable time estimates for front-end tasks/deliverables
- Stay organized and have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Give and receive constructive criticism around design and code
- Strong troubleshooting skills with the ability to quickly fix website bugs, hosting/server issues, etc
- Work on existing WordPress themes, improving load times, and optimizing for conversion rate
We would love it if you had:
- Familiarity with WP Engine and Google Apps
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, AdWords and Webmaster Tools
- PHP/programming skills
- Familiarity with Git/version control
- Experience with other content-management systems (i.e. Joomla, Magento, etc)
- General knowledge of modern SEO & social media marketing
This position will start as a contractor or hourly based position, with the intention to transition to full-time (assuming the trial period goes well, and we are the right fit for each other). Compensation is commensurate with experience, and the best fit will likely be someone that is largely self-taught with 1-3 years of agency experience.
How to get this job:
To apply, please email us at (jobs @ organikseo.com) and include the following:
- Use the subject line “2016 Applicant – Web Developer Position – (Your Name)”
- A thoughtful email that includes specifics about your experience and why you think you’d be a great fit (be authentic, we are allergic to generic cover letters.)
- Your resume, online portfolio, and/or code samples (only applicants with work samples will be considered)
- Salary requirements: Specifically please state what you need to make right now and what you hope to be making in 3 years.
- A self-assessment of your proficiency on a scale of 1-5 for each of the following:
- WordPress Development
- Organization Skills